Displaying Your Talents
How many times have you not got an audition because you don’t have an acting showreel or perhaps an unprofessional one? The fact is, you will never know. If you had cast as many actors as we have, you would know that we simply don’t have the time to audition actors unless we can watch their showreel. This is why showreels are so crucial to advance an actor’s career.
But of course, you need to have done some acting work to be able to produce a showreel. With our service, we can create personalised and original showreels from scratch that best suit your capabilities.
If you are an actor just starting out, this is a real problem because without a showreel you are far less likely to get work and without work, you can’t get footage for a showreel. This is a vicious circle that many actors are in. We can help you to get out of this trap. We can provide a location, script, create a scene (with another actor to play against, if appropriate), film, direct, colour grade and edit your showreel.
Because all our showreel offers include editing and scriptwriting, you don’t have to worry. Check out our showreel, on our home page, to see the kind of quality scenes we can produce for you.
We are a small company and if needed we can move really fast, so you can meet a deadline if you need to. So, if you’re looking to create a professional showreel to send to casting directors, talent agencies or online talent sites then we can help.
Our Showreel Services
Showreel Creation from £200
For each showreel scene, we create an original 2-page script written just for you, filmed, directed and edited by us. The scene will portray your talents in the way you want. By using cinema-grade cameras and equipment, we can give you the best chance to land that part. We can film up to 3 scenes a day so if you want a full showreel, we can arrange that too, all with different styles and tones.
- 1 Showreel scene – £200
- 2 showreel scenes – £300
- 3 Showreel scenes – £375
Double Down Discount
If you find a second person that needs a showreel and we film them on the same day using the same scripts, the second person gets it at 60% off. So this means you both get a 30% discount each.
Original Script Creation from £50
Already have someone prepared to film your scene? No problem, we can write a monologue or duologue for you. We write scripts that best suit your acting style and cadence, giving you a tailor-made dialogue that showcases your strengths and talents.
Showreel Edit from £100
If you already have your footage ready, we can create your showreel for you. We can re-edit scenes, improve sound and get it to a professional and industry standard.
“Your talent is in your reel, not on your resume.”Francis Ford Coppola, American film director, producer, and screenwriter.
Why have an acting showreel?
An acting showreel is a collection of clips that showcase an actor’s skills, talent, and range. It’s a powerful tool that can help actors land roles, attract representation, and stand out in a crowded industry. Here are some of the top benefits of having an acting showreel:
- Showcasing your range: An acting showreel is an excellent way to showcase your range as an actor. You can include scenes that demonstrate your ability to perform in different genres, styles, and character types. By showing your range, you can increase your chances of being considered for a wider variety of roles.
- Making a great first impression: When casting directors are looking for actors, they often rely on showreels to make their first impressions. If you have a well-crafted showreel that highlights your talent, you can make a positive first impression and increase your chances of being invited to audition.
- Saving time and effort: Instead of having to audition for every role individually, you can submit your showreel to casting directors and agents. This can save you time and effort in the audition process, allowing you to focus on other aspects of your career.
- Building your brand: Your acting showreel is an excellent way to build your personal brand as an actor. By showcasing your unique talents and abilities, you can establish yourself as a memorable and distinctive actor. This can help you stand out from the competition and attract more opportunities.
- Attracting representation: If you’re looking for representation, having a strong acting showreel can help you attract agents and managers. They can see your talent and potential, and be more likely to sign you as a client.
- Improving your skills: Creating an acting showreel requires you to review your past work and select the best scenes. This process can help you evaluate your strengths and weaknesses as an actor, and identify areas where you can improve your skills.
- Demonstrating your professionalism: A well-made acting showreel demonstrates your professionalism as an actor. It shows that you take your craft seriously and are committed to your career. This can help you build a positive reputation in the industry and attract more opportunities.
What should be in an acting showreel?
An acting showreel is a compilation of an actor’s best scenes or performances, designed to showcase their talent, range, and versatility. It is essential to create a showreel that captures the attention of casting directors, agents, and other industry professionals. Here are some key elements to include in an acting showreel:
- A strong opening: Start your showreel with your most captivating and attention-grabbing scene. This will immediately set the tone for the rest of the reel and grab the viewer’s attention.
- Diversity of scenes: It is important to showcase your range as an actor by including scenes from different genres and mediums, such as drama, comedy, action, and film or TV. This helps casting directors and agents see that you are versatile and capable of playing a variety of roles.
- A clear storyline: A showreel that tells a story or has a clear narrative arc can be more engaging and memorable. Consider including scenes that connect thematically or show a progression in your character’s journey.
- High-quality footage: It is crucial to use high-quality footage that showcases your acting abilities in the best possible light. This means using footage that is well-lit, has good sound quality, and is free of distracting elements.
- Short and sweet: Keep your showreel short and sweet, with a length of 2-3 minutes. This ensures that casting directors and agents will watch the entire reel and not get bored or overwhelmed by too much footage.
- Your best work: Only include scenes that truly showcase your best work. This may mean leaving out scenes that you have an emotional attachment to but do not demonstrate your full range or skillset.
- Professional editing: Ensure that your showreel is professionally edited and polished. This means cutting scenes down to their most essential moments and using transitions that are smooth and not distracting.
Overall, an acting showreel should highlight your strengths as an actor and demonstrate your range and versatility. It should be concise, engaging, and visually appealing, leaving a lasting impression on casting directors, agents, and other industry professionals.
In conclusion, having an acting showreel is essential for any actor looking to establish themselves in the industry. It’s a powerful tool that can help you showcase your range, make a great first impression, save time and effort, build your brand, attract representation, improve your skills, and demonstrate your professionalism. If you don’t have an acting showreel yet, now is the time to create one and take your career to the next level.
Remember your showreel is your window to the casting world. Without one, you’ve closed the curtains on your career. We can make a showreel that will work hard for you, to give you the best chance of getting that audition and part.